Friday, June 5, 2015
The countdown begins...
Welcome family, old friends, and new friends. Today marks forty eight days till I start the next chapter in my life in Lubbock, Texas. Six months ago I graduated college and decided that graduate school was the next step in my path. My mom and I trucked across the south to find my new home. From Texas, to Louisiana, to Tennessee, we went from school to school and I narrowed it down to Texas Tech and University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Both felt like a place that I could see myself fulfilling my dreams of becoming a licensed social worker, but one felt like home. I definitely helped that one of my best friends in the world is going to law school there, but it was a feeling of warmth in my heart that lead me to Texas Tech. Now classes are all signed up for, the lease is signed and the packing begins! This California girl is taking herself to the South!
Sincerely, Kayla Marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment